Phone: + 44 (0) 1368 863562
In Their Words ...........
Designed by James Braid the lay-out was intended to provide an interesting challenge for both scratch players and long-handicapped men. The new golf course, official yardage 5500, was finally opened for play on the 30th March 1935. Winterfield golf course was requisitioned during the second world war years and was closed between late 1939 and 1946. The new municipal golf course at Winterfield Dunbar was officially opened by Provost A.J. Manderson in June 1948
At Winterfield we are very fortunate that play is available to us 365 days per year unless there are extreme weather conditions. The weather is particularly clement in East Lothian, Dunbar town has the proud boast is that of sunshine capital of Scotland. However when the breeze blows and the prevalent south westerlies often do this, quite often Winterfield becomes a true test of Golf. The golf course has seldom, if ever, been closed because of frost/snow. Therefore one is guaranteed a feast of golf all year round. As you would expect, the condition of greens, tees and bunkers is of major importance to all golfers, all golfers using our course can help. Repair any pitch mark that you see on the green – not just your own.
It is an 18 hole links category course but has both parkland and links style holes. Situated on the stunning East Coast of Scotland at Dunbar. This 18-hole marvel is a good test of golf. From the intimidating first hole Whelkie Haugh to the demanding eighteenth St Margaret’s, the views are breathtaking.
The Bunker Bar and Fairway Restaurant are located within Winterfield Golf Club in the beautiful St Margaret's House with stunning views of the Firth of Forth, the Bass Rock and the Isle of May.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A links category course but has both parkland and links style holes. Designed by James Braid the lay-out was intended to provide an interesting challenge for both scratch players and long-handicapped men
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5142yds from the white tees
- Par: 65
- Bar/Restaurant: Bunker Bar and Fairway Restaurant located within Winterfield Golf Club in the beautiful St Margaret's House with stunning views of the Firth of Forth, the Bass Rock and the Isle of May. Enjoy excellent meals or relax with a drink and just enjoy the views.
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes, for members and visitors
- Shower Facilities: Shower rooms for members and visitors
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked shop stocks all the top branded golf equipment and apparel. Club fitting and tuition are all available from the pro
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs are available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available to hire but it is best to pre-book
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys are available to hire
- Practice Area: There is a practice area for the golfer to loosen up
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green laid to the same standard as the greens on the course
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Scorecard and course layout
No Scorecard or Course Layout available, if any of my visitors have said items please send me copy
Location and Route Planning