New Club house
Phone: +44 (0)1620 895040
In Their Words ...........
Golf has been played over the historic West Links course since the 17th century with the Club being formed in 1832. We continue to play over the same piece of land as they did back then. With breathtaking views of the Firth of Forth and islands of Bass Rock, Craigleith, Lamb and Fidra, as well as the town of North Berwick itself, there are few places better in the world to play golf!
A true championship links course, having hosted Final Qualifying for The Open Championship and both Gentlemen and Ladies Amateur Championships. An excellent test of golf awaits you.
While North Berwick is a Club steeped in tradition dating from 1832, we take great pride in providing generous hospitality and a testing golf challenge. The course is a traditional links, which, like St Andrews, starts and finishes at the clubhouse within the town. It winds its way along the Firth of Forth in a classic 9 out, and 9 in layout. There are stunning views over sandy beaches, islands and across to the hills of the East Neuk of Fife.
Our club has a long and proud history and is reputedly one of the world’s oldest with a continuous record of play over the original seaside turf. In the 19th Century it hosted many of the legendary challenge matches and for many years has been a Final Qualifying venue for The Open Championship, when held at nearby Muirfield, the most recent occasion being in July 2013. In June 2010, we co-hosted The Amateur Championship with Muirfield, which featured 300 of the best gentlemen amateur golfers in the world. We have a course of real quality, presented and maintained to the highest standards.
In our clubhouse you will find a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and be made welcome by our staff and members. Catering is available where you can enjoy anything from a light snack and a drink after your game to a full Sunday lunch or evening meal in the more formal surrounds of our historic wood panelled dining room.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Traditional Scottish Links
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6464 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: The dining room provides both informal and fine-dining
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes. Bar snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes, towels and gel provided
- Pro-Shop: Yes. Comprehensive range of golf equipment stocked.
- Golf Club Hire: Titleist hire clubs are available for both gentlemen and ladies, left handed and right handed inclusive of a push trolley. Please book in advance of play to avoid disappointment. Caddie requests should be made at the time of booking or in advance of the day of play.
- Buggy Hire: The Club allows visitors to bring their own single seat buggy/cart for use on the course. However the Club does not have any cart/s buggies available for hire.
- Trolley Hire: Push trolleys are available for hire from the Professionals Shop. There are also a limited number of electric trolleys available for hire.
- Practice Area: Large practice Ground
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning