Phone: + 44 (0) 1620 843336
Website: Luffness New Golf Club
In Their Words ...........
Luffness New Golf Club designed by Old Tom Morris was established in l894, laid out on its current location and Luffness New Golf Club was formed. The original Luffness golf club eventually moved to a location further west, nearer Aberlady and became Kilspindie Golf Club.
A challenging traditional links course which offers a true test of golf, the course can be hard enough but when the wind blows down the Forth the course becomes even harder, and the with rough being thick this is enough to cause the offline golfer some difficulty
The fairways are beautifully kept, and the golfer who can keep the ball down the middle of the fairway will reap the reward that comes with accuracy. The bunkers are in place to punish the wayward shot and are constructed to penalise severely those who have the misfortune to visit them. The greens are small and true and always in excellent condition.
The Dining Room provides a traditional lunch service of great quality, Bar and catering facilities are available in the Clubhouse for visitors however the club does not provide a snack menu
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Traditional Scottish links course
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5967yds from the white tees
- Par: 70
- Bar/Restaurant: Bar and catering facilities are available in the Clubhouse for visitors
- Drinks/Snacks: There are no snack items available
- Changing Facilities: The changing rooms have a traditional feel whilst providing all the required facilities to visitors.
- Shower Facilities: Showers are available for visitors
- Pro-Shop: There is no professional shop however there are golf balls, markers and general golf equipment available from the clubhouse
- Golf Club Hire: No golf clubs are available to hire from Luffness New Golf Club but golf clubs can be hired from the Gullane pro shop who will deliver to Luffness New clubhouse, Gullane pro shop will need prior notice to ensure availability
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available to hire but only for those with medical needs. The Club do not employ caddies, however, visitors may book caddies directly through “Caddy Hire Ltd” a company approved by the Club to provide caddies directly to golf visitors.
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys are available to hire and power trolleys are available to hire from the Gullane pro shop and will be delivered in plenty of time for you, they will of course need to be booked in plenty of time prior to your arrival
- Practice Area: Practice area is available
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green laid to the same standard as the greens on the course
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning