West Links Road,
Phone: +44 (0)1620 842 255
In Their Words ...........
Golf has been played over the links at Gullane for more than 350 years. Today, Gullane Golf Club is one of Scotland's most prestigious member clubs, mixing the finest tradition with some of the most admired natural links land in the world.
Gullane is blessed with superb turf and a climate that allows all year round golf. Visitors are welcome to play our championship courses which offer dramatic coastal views and a golfing challenge to savour. Laid out over prime seaside land, the three golf courses are simply known by number reflecting their age.
Gullane hosted the 2015 Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open from 9th - 12th July over a Championship course comprising 16 holes of Gullane No. 1 and 2 holes of No. 2.
Gullane No. 1 (1884) has a long history of hosting national and international championship golf events, most recently the Local Final Qualifying for the 2013 Open Championship at neighbouring Muirfield.
Gullane No. 2 (1898) was laid out by the legendary Willie Park Jr and has also been used for Open Championship Qualifying as well as the Seniors Open Amateur.
Gullane No. 3 (1910) was also designed by Willie Park Jr. It may be the shortest of the three courses, but it provides a wonderful test based on shot-making skills rather than power.
Golf at Gullane is far more than championship golf and fresh sea breezes off the Firth of Forth. The club is proud of its unique heritage and the important place it holds in the history of the game. It is also a private members' club and occasionally there are restrictions on visitor tee times, so booking in advance, whenever possible, is recommended.
Opened in 1993 by Ryder Cup Captain Bernard Gallacher, the Visitors’ Clubhouse is situated next to the practice ground and the first tees of No. 2 and No. 3 courses. For visitors and members alike, this is an ideal meeting place where the buzz around the tees is palpable and banter in the bar is always good-natured. With comfortable dining facilities and well-appointed locker rooms, the Visitors’ Clubhouse provides convenient access to all three courses as well as all the facilities you would expect at a major golf complex. For many, the Visitors’ Clubhouse is the ideal starting point for a great golfing experience. After your game, you can relax in the lounge bar overlooking the courses and discuss the challenges of the links. Soft spikes are allowed
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Three stunning championship links courses numbered 1,2,3
- Course 1: No.1 - With every hole having its own distinct character, Gullane No. 1 is both memorable and enjoyable, and undoubtedly one of Scotland’s finest links courses. The architect of Course No.1 is unknown. The type of grass is predominantly Bent on the fairways and Fescue on the greens.
- Course 2: No.2 - is famed for the challenge of its short holes embodied by the 215-yard, par three 11th with its wonderful views and testing tee shot. The architect of Course No. 2 is Willie Park Junior. The type of grass is predominantly Bent on the fairways and Fescue on the greens.
- Course 3: No.3 - Of all the courses at Gullane, No.3 enjoys some of the best views across Aberlady Bay to Edinburgh and the Firth of Forth beyond. Spectacular and challenging, No. 3 is a course that demands a deft touch and a cool head. Designed by Willie Park Jr, the course celebrated its centenary in 2010 and has matured to become a much loved destination for many visiting golfers. Favoured with the same impeccable links turf as its older neighbours No. 3 is maintained to the same high standards from tee to green.
- Number Of Holes: All three courses are 18 holes
- Yardage: All from the white tees, 1) 6583 yds, 2) 6385 yds, 3) 5259 yds
- Par: 1) par 71, 2) par 71, 3) par 68.
- Bar/Restaurant: The Visitors Clubhouse has full dining facilities
- Drinks/Snacks: Full snack menu is available
- Changing Facilities: Fully equipped locker rooms
- Shower Facilities: Yes, towels are available and are included in the green fee
- Pro-Shop: Yes, fully stocked with leading manufacturers golfing equipment
- Golf Club Hire: TaylorMade clubs available to hire, The Club has a small number of caddies available and would be better pre-booked to ensure availability
- Buggy Hire: 2 seater motorised buggies can be hired via the Pro Shop and early booking is advisable.
- Trolley Hire: Powakaddy Electric Trolley and pull trollies available to hire
- Practice Area: Full and short game practice area, balls included in green fee
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the website
Location and Route Planning