Mains of Park
Dumfries and Galloway
Phone: 01581 300420
In Their Words ...........
The 'County' is one of the most popular holiday golf courses in South West Scotland, an 18-hole, true links course situated on the shores of Luce Bay. On a clear day, looking South over Luce Bay, the Isle of Man can be seen.
The course is slightly over 6000 yards and is a test for both high and low handicap players, due to the differing directions of the sea breezes. The Course is also playable, on normal greens, throughout the winter. On average, frost greens may be used 8 or 9 times each year, with snow being a rare occurrence. The excellent condition of the course, combined with subtly sloping greens and changing sea breezes, provide a test of golf for both high and low handicappers.
The area enjoys a temperate climate, so golfing is possible year round, and the club is renowned for its friendly welcome to visitors.
A warm welcome awaits you on your visit to our bright and comfortable dining room looks onto the 1st fairway & the 18th green and can accommodate up to 40 diners.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Links. Because of location, rarely unplayable during Winter
- Number Of Holes: 18. Online booking system either website or brsgolf.com
- Yardage: 6104 yds
- Par: 70
- Bar/Restaurant: Fully licensed, Meals served all day.
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Limited supply of equipment from steward
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs available for hire
- Buggy Hire: Yes, limited amount so best to pre-book
- Trolley Hire: Yes
- Practice Area: Large practice area
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning