Phone: +44 (0)1848 331779
In Their Words ...........
Thornhill is a picturesque village in Mid Nithsdale, Dumfries & Galloway. The golf club was established in 1893 as a 9 hole course and extended to 18 holes in 1979. The course is a mixture of park and heathland with magnificent panoramic views which are equal to any in Scotland. It has been often described as a “hidden gem”.
At 6085 yards, over relatively level terrain the course provides a good test for all golfers and is friendly to those of mature years. The Club has a fine record in amateur competition, boasting honours in national team and single events. Several members have gone on to enjoy successful professional careers, the most notable being Andrew Coltart.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Mixture of Parkland and Heathland
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6102 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Tuesday to Sunday, Off season restricted times
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: No, essentials available, tee's, ball's etc
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Club Hire available.
- Buggy Hire: Yes, limited availablity best to pre-book
- Trolley Hire: Yes, pull only
- Practice Area: Practice areas available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning