Dumfries and Galloway
Phone: +44 (0)1776 870245
In Their Words ...........
Stranraer Golf Club, the final golf course designed by the highly esteemed James Braid, who was 5 times Open champion. Situated in South West Scotland on the shores of Loch Ryan, the 6308 yard parkland course is set on gently undulating ground. It affords exceptional views over the loch to Ailsa Craig, the Isle of Arran and beyond.
Visiting golfers find the course a delight throughout the year. The warm wash of the Gulf Stream provides the region with a mild climate making play possible on all but a handful of days. It is the goal for all staff to ensure that a game on this skillfully designed course, complemented by genuine hospitality, remains etched in your memory.
The modern two storey Clubhouse was opened in 1994. The first floor bar / lounge, with panoramic views over the course and beyond to Loch Ryan is the perfect place to relax and enjoy hospitality after your game.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland designed by James Braid
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6308 yds
- Par: 70
- Bar/Restaurant: Yes, with panoramic views over the course and to Loch Ryan
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes, full snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: A selection of golf supplies from the Clubhouse
- Golf Club Hire: Yes
- Buggy Hire: Yes, limited it would be best to pre-book
- Trolley Hire: Yes, power trolleys are also available
- Practice Area: 2 covered bays,practice ground, supply own golf balls
- Putting Practice: Yes, 18 hole practice putting green
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning