Dumfries and Galloway
Phone: + 44 (0) 1556 630398
In Their Words ...........
Colvend Golf Club was founded in 1905, the principal architect then was Willie Fernie. Colvend golf course was re-designed in 1985 by architect Dave Thomas, it was extended to 18 holes in May 1997 by the architect John Souter of GTI. The renowned golfer and TV commentator Peter Allis had a hand in its design also.
Nothing stands still, and our Centenary Project (2005) was to improve the course with adjustments to the 12th hole and with the introduction of a new 15th and 16th. These were designed in-house and the new layout opened for play in 2007. Our significantly testing eighteen hole parkland layout is situated on the gorgeous Solway Coast, conveniently located near to Dumfries, Southerness (with its holiday villages), Castle Douglas and Dalbeattie with views over the Solway Firth to the Cumbrian Fells and, on a good day, offering a glimpse of the Isle of Man.
Some of the holes offer challenging water features, and tree lined fairways abound. We are particularly proud of our large Oak and other hardwood trees, many of which are a significant feature of some of the holes.
Be assured of a warm welcome at "Scotland's Friendliest Club".
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland situated on the Solway Coast, challenging water features and tree lined fairways abound
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5341 yds
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: Yes
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes, snack menu available all day
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: N/A
- Pro-Shop: N/A
- Golf Club Hire: Limited quantity of Half-sets
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire, recommended to book in advance to ensure availability
- Trolley Hire: Trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: N/A
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning