Phone: +44 (0)141 956 5125
Website: Hilton Park Golf Club
In Their Words ...........
Enjoy two James Braid designed courses set in acres of rolling moorland and surrounded by beautiful countryside. Looking south over the city of Glasgow and on to the Trossachs, this is the only 36 hole course in this area.
The Hilton and Allander courses are set out in acres of rolling moorland, some 600 feet above sea level. In the late seventies, the club introduced a tree planting programme. More than thirty thousand trees were planted between both courses and are now well established, giving the courses more definition and shelter. The courses are best described as rolling, hilly moorland, the gateway to the Trossachs and Loch Lomond.
The Hilton is a 18-hole course of 6233 yards and has a Par of 70. The signature hole on the Hilton is the 17th, Par 3, 184 yards, and aptly named “Muckle Drap”. Played from an elevated tee to a well bunkered green, with a burn around the front edge of the green some 200 feet below, this is a daunting shot even for an experienced golfer. The tee shot can vary from a 9 iron to a driver depending on the wind.
The Allander is a 18-hole course of 5552 yards and has a Par of 69. The signature hole on the Allander is the 5th, Par 4, 372 yards, named “Burncrooks”. The hole is a slight dog leg right played to a sunken two tiered green, with the Allander burn on three sides, all out of bounds, formidable to say the least.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Rolling, hilly moorland, the gateway to the Trossachs and Loch Lomond. Hilton Park has two courses Allander and Hilton both designed by James Braid
- Number Of Holes: Both courses are 18 holes
- Yardage: Hilton 6233 yds, Allander 5552 yds
- Par: Hilton 70, Allander 69
- Bar/Restaurant: The clubhouse has 3 lounges, dining room and bar facilities each with fine catering to suit any occasion
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available from the clubhouse
- Changing Facilities: Male and female changing facilities available
- Shower Facilities: Showers available, towels provided
- Pro-Shop: Fully Stocked with Leading Golf Brands, professional tuition available
- Golf Club Hire: No
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available when conditions permit and usually only for those with medical condition
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice hole and pitching areas available
- Putting Practice: Two putting practice greens available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning