Newlands of Geise
Phone: 01847 893807
Website: Thurso Golf Club
In Their Words ...........
A warm welcome awaits you at Thurso Golf Club, our tree lined parkland course offers golfers of all abilities an excellent challenge. There are lush fairways, generous well manicured greens as well as some beautiful whin bushes which you do not want to go in.
Thurso Golf Club has been in existence for over 100 years but the golf course has moved locations during that time. The present course was established as a 9-hole in 1921 and was extended to 18 holes in 1963. Over 100,000 trees have been planted which gives the course a parkland feel. Because it is located on a hill above Thurso, several holes are tough tests into a prevailing wind. The signature hole is the 13th over a burn with heather on the left and the rough on the right. The green is drivable but with a stong wind against the fairway is sometimes out of reach. The 15th green has a fine view of the Pentland Firth, Orkney and Dunnett Head.
After your round you can enjoy a refreshing drink in our comfortable lounge bar which boasts magnificent views over the course.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Tree lined parkland course offers golfers of all abilities an excellent challenge. There are lush fairways, generous well manicured greens as well as some beautiful whin bushes which you do not want to go in
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5853 yds
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: Yes
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes
- Changing Facilities: Changing facilities in the locker rooms
- Shower Facilities: No
- Pro-Shop: No pro shop, the golfers essentials available from the bar
- Golf Club Hire: No
- Buggy Hire: No
- Trolley Hire: Trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Indoor practice area with nets
- Putting Practice: Small putting practice green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning