King George Street
Phone: + 44 (0) 1349 852715
In Their Words ...........
Golf began in Invergordon in 1893 with 9 holes at Rosskeen. Strange as it may seem, golf could only be played there during the spring and winter because the course was laid out on arable land and the grass cutting machines of the time couldn’t cope with the amount of growth in summer and autumn.
Invergordon has long held a place in Naval history and was an important base in the First World War for the Royal Navy and also served as a base for flying boats in World War 2. Learn more about our history with a visit to the Invergordon Naval Museum. To this day the course maintains its links with the Royal Navy by offering free golf to Naval Officers.
Will you be visiting Scotland as part of a British or European cruise soon? We have many cruise liners which call in at the port of Invergordon each summer. If you would like a game of golf when you are in Scotland then play Invergordon. We are the closest course to the dock (less than 5 minutes from the quayside to the first tee) so make the most of your day by playing, not sitting in a bus. We have a special package for cruise passengers which includes pick-up from the quayside, hire of clubs and trolley, a round of golf, a dram of local whisky after your round and return transport to the ship. Most cruise operators can offer you the Invergordon golf excursion. See your own operator for prices.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Relatively flat parkland course with a mixture of fine old tress and recently planted trees. A fairly long course but easily accessible for all, tree lined fairways and strategically placed bunkers this course is a fair test for all levels of golfer. If you are visiting Scotland as part of a British or European cruise soon, there is a special package for cruise passengers
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 6041 yards
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: N/A.
- Drinks/Snacks: Bar snacks and sandwiches are available all day.
- Changing Facilities: The Ladies and Gents locker rooms offer first class lockers and changing area.
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors
- Pro-Shop: N/A
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire best to pre book to ensure availability
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available
- Practice Area: N/A
- Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning