Phone: + 44 (0) 1862 894660
Contact Form : www.carnegieclub.co.uk/public-tee-times-skibo-championship-links.html
In Their Words ...........
Skibo Castle is home to one of the world’s most prestigious and exclusive private members club. Industrialist Andrew Carnegie, one of history's greatest philanthropists, came to Skibo in 1898 and transformed the estate into what he rightly termed 'Heaven on Earth'.
At Skibo's heart lies the Carnegie Links, on the shores of the beautiful Dornoch Firth. The course is rated amongst the world's finest and played by some of the sport's best, designed by Donald Steel and Tom Mackenzie, offers the golfer a rare opportunity to play a links course which remains firm and fast. It requires a broad repertoire of shots and demands that any golfer, regardless of standard, is rewarded for thoughtful and skilful play rather than for power. In a wind, it will test even the mightiest of players. On your journey round this links course you will be immersed into exceptionally rare wildlife habitats which have been carefully retained and protected and are now managed to ensure their future. Birdlife abounds and with the sea on three sides and the hills of Sutherland and Ross-shire all around.
There are no tee times at Skibo, so members are free to play as and when the mood takes them. The Carnegie Links is ideal for both beginners finding their feet on the greens for the first time and accomplished golfers looking to perfect their swing. Members love the modern Highland luxury of the Skibo Clubhouse, which has views over both the Carnegie Links and the Dornoch Firth.
The Carnegie Links now offers limited access to non residents, with two 4 balls offered Monday through Friday during the summer months, Golfers also appreciate the fully-stocked Halfway House where they can partake of some light refreshments and perhaps even a wee tipple to fortify them for the return leg back to the Clubhouse. Non members can reserve one of the public tee times which includes an 18 hole round, as well as use of a locker for the day, access to the practice facilities and Halfway House, a three course lunch at the Clubhouse (excluding alcohol) and a gift bag to take away.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Carnegie Championship Links is one of the worlds most magnificent links courses. Designed by Donald Steel and Tom Mackenzie this links requires a broad repertoire of shots, not simply the modern style of aerial bombardment golf, and demands that any golfer, regardless of standard, is rewarded for thoughtful and skilful play rather than for power.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6748 yards
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Members have exclusive use of some of the finest restaurants, the day visitor has access to the halfway house and a 3 course meal at the clubhouse.
- Drinks/Snacks: Light sustenance is available from the half way house
- Changing Facilities: Clubhouse has ladies and gents changing facilities
- Shower Facilities: N/A
- Pro-Shop: The professional shop stocks everything from luxury cashmere to cuddly toys to the club’s own blend of whisky, the premium sportswear on offer has all been selected by Skibo’s team of expert golf pros, ensuring that the range on offer is both stylish and practical. With clothing, footwear and golf accessories from brands including Galvin Green, Peter Millar, Ralph Lauren, Kjus, Under Armour and Links & Kings, the Skibo Shop stocks everything a golfer could need.
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire
- Trolley Hire: Pull and Power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice facilities are available for the visitor to use
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning