Phone: +44 (0)1294 275979
In Their Words ...........
The Irvine Golf Club established 1887, is a fine example and is regularly used by the R&A as a Final Open Qualifying Course. In 2003, the Club co-hosted the Amateur Championship with Royal Troon and in 2007, the British Seniors' Open with Turnberry. In 2009, the Ladies Home Internationals were also successfully hosted at the Irvine Golf Club. In 2011 we hosted the Scottish Seniors Championship and over the last twelve months the Scottish Youths Championship and the Ladies British Open Final Qualifying have also been held at the club.
Set in a seaside location, the neighbouring Gulf Stream ensures year round links golf, whilst the romantic peaks of Arran present a stunning backdrop to the landscape. It truly is one of Scotland’s hidden gems, offering a traditional links challenge, which owes much of its present day character to the course design of the great James Braid. One of Scotland’s most celebrated course designers, James Braid created a legacy of distinctive courses, characterised by their great variety and interesting use of nature’s assets.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Traditional Scottish Links with tight whin lined fairways and fast greens. Watch out for the strategically placed bunkers
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6415 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Bar and Catering service available in the Clubhouse
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with the leading brands golf equipment
- Golf Club Hire: No
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire, Caddies can also be arranged must be pre booked
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning