Isle of Arran
Phone: + 44 (0) 1770 860226
In Their Words ...........
Shiskine Golf and Tennis Club was founded in 1896 and is located in the village of Blackwaterfoot, on the beautiful west coast of the Isle of Arran. Stunning scenery, a warm welcome and a fabulous 12 hole links course that will take your breath away. These are the ingredients that make Shiskine one of the finest Clubs in this part of Scotland.
Arran is the furthest south of all Scotland’s major islands and it is well known for being ‘Scotland in Miniature’. This world famous true links course is unusual in that it is 12 spellbinding holes - the perfect distance, taking only two hours to complete and is quite a challenge to even the best of golfers. The coastal setting and fabulous condition makes it ideal for summer and winter golf. Each of the twelve holes has its own particular charm but you must also be prepared to be accosted by the abundance of wild flowers and birds that will attempt to distract you.
Kintyre, as in ‘Mull of Kintyre’, written by Sir Paul MacCartney, is painted before you and on a clear day you can see the Antrim Hills of Northern Ireland. Our sunsets are never to be forgotten!.
Opened in 2010, our brand new Clubhouse, provides highly recommended homemade locally sourced food, is open to all from 11am - 3.30pm every day. We are a friendly club welcoming both members and visitors during the week and at weekends. We look forward to welcoming you for a round soon.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A unique course with only 12 holes and is a seaside links course with wonderful views. There are 2 burns crossing the course and it is a little up and down but overall a stunning course in an unforgettable location. Described as a topographical roller coaster and though the course features only one par 5 hole it is very testing and quirky. Blind shots are the norm and beware the sloping greens.
- Number Of Holes: 12
- Yardage: From the white tees 2996yds
- Par: 42
- Bar/Restaurant: The Tee Room is open every day for lunches, snacks, coffee's and home baking. There are no bar facilities, however they are happy to chill any drinks (free of charge) you wish to bring in the morning before playing
- Drinks/Snacks: Tee Room for snacks, soft drinks etc. Pro shop soft drinks and confectionery
- Changing Facilities: The Ladies and Gents locker rooms provide changing facilities for the visiting golfer
- Shower Facilities: N/A
- Pro-Shop: The Pro Shop stocks a large range of clubs, balls, shoes, bags and clothing from major brands at very competitive prices. Including Ashworth, Callaway, Murray Golf, Titleist, Footjoy, Hi-Tec, Nike, Polo, Sunderland, Sunice, Lynx, Masters, Srixon and many more!. Tuition and Re-gripping and club repairs.
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Golf Buggies which can be booked in advance are reserved for those that can not complete the course on foot.
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys and electric Powakaddies available for hire from the pro shop
- Practice Area: Practice nets are available
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning