Phone: +44 (0)1292 477608
In Their Words ...........
Prestwick St Nicholas Golf Club, the 26th oldest Golf Club in the world.
Old Tom Morris winner of four open championships was a founding/honorary member of the club, a traditional Scottish links golf course occupying a prime position on the shores of the Firth of Clyde. The deep bunkers, running fairways, undulating greens and strands of gorse test the skills of players of all abilities and at 6044 yards, this par 69 course is a must for amateur golfers of all ages.
The course is a traditional Scottish links possessing as it does a sandy, free draining soil, gorse, deep bunkers and a seemingly ever present wind which tests the skills of players of all abilities. The sandy soil allows golf to be played here all year round as the heaviest rain drains away very speedily, the finely manicured fairways offer year round golf on a firm and generally frost free footing. The course is playable when many other’s are not.
It would be fair to say that thanks to the hazards provided by nature, strategically placed bunkers and the fact that “Out of Bounds” is a feature on at least 12 holes, this course is one which can favour the thinking golfer rather than the long, wild hitter
Prestwick St Nicholas Golf Club is a members’ club but is keen to let visitors enjoy the course and its facilities . The Club is more than happy to accommodate individual golfers or groups. Individual players will not be asked to join up with other groups.
The splendid clubhouse sits yards from the shoreline, why not visit the 19th Hole to celebrate your round.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A traditional Scottish links possessing as it does a sandy, free draining soil, gorse, deep bunkers and a seemingly ever present wind which tests the skills of players of all abilities
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6044 yds from the white tees
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: Enjoy the Bar and Catering service in the Clubhouse with its spectacular views
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Visitor changing rooms
- Shower Facilities: Shower facilities available with towels provided
- Pro-Shop: Pro Shop fully stocked with all the leading brands golf equipment, specialising in Ping, Titleist and Taylor Made
- Golf Club Hire: Quality Golf Clubs available to hire, best to pre book
- Buggy Hire: Small quantity of buggies, pre booking is essential to ensure availability
- Trolley Hire: Pull and Motocaddy battery power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Small practice area available included two nets
- Putting Practice: Putting practice green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning