Phone: +44 (0)1292 477101
In Their Words ...........
Originally located a mile or so to the north, Prestwick St. Cuthbert Golf Club moved to our existing course in 1963 to make way for the development of Prestwick Airport. Giving the J.R. Stutt designed course an auspicious opening was an exhibition match between John Panton, Eric Brown, Dai Rees and Peter Alliss – a truly wonderful fourball.
Since then a lot has happened to make this parkland course live up to its promising start. Thousands of trees planted have reached maturity and with some creative and opportunistic mounding (thanks to nearby developments) the course has acquired a very attractive character. Prestwick St Cuthbert now has an enviable reputation as a fabulous mature Parkland course, with picturesque fairways, challenging layout and excellent greens. Our course has a standard scratch of 71. Visitors play the yellow course, which has a par of 70 and a standard scratch of 70.
With no fewer than nine doglegs, accuracy in positioning from the tee is as important as length. The greens are cunningly sloped and players would do well to watch out for features like the little upslopes designed to stop the ball at the front of at least six of the putting surfaces. Almost as many others are two tiered, giving plenty of food for thought for those who play here.
After your round you can relax and enjoy a drink and a meal in the comfortable and friendly atmosphere of our Clubhouse, at Prestwick St Cuthbert Golf Club we are renowned for the friendly atmosphere and the warm welcome shown to our visitors,
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland (No visitors Saturdays). With no fewer than nine doglegs, accuracy in positioning from the tee is important.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6356 yds from the white tees
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Upstairs Dining room has a full bar menu. Panoramic views overlooking the golf course
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes
- Changing Facilities: Visitor changing room
- Shower Facilities: Showers available, towels provided
- Pro-Shop: No, The golfing essentials are available Balls, Tees etc from the bar
- Golf Club Hire: No
- Buggy Hire: Yes, best to book in advance limited quantity available
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available, there are no battery trolleys available
- Practice Area: No
- Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning