Phone: +44 (0)1563 821993
In Their Words ...........
The first question usually asked about Loudoun Gowf Club is why "Gowf Club"?. It would appear that the Gowf Field of Loudoun, so called as far back as records are available, was the private golf field of the Campbell family of Loudoun Castle and had been in existence from the early sixteenth century. Golf or "Gowf" (the old Scottish word for golf) has been played on these fields for over 400 years.
In recent years Loudoun Gowf has taken on a new look with trees lining fairways and holes which were straight now having more interesting shapes to them. In general the greens are larger than before but still present fairly small target areas. Loudoun Gowf Club's course is a fairly flat parkland golf course with picturesque tree lined fairways set in the Irvine Valley beside the A71 midway between Newmilns and Galston.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland with tree lined fairways
- Number Of Holes: 18 (No visitors tee times on a Saturday)
- Yardage: 6005 yds
- Par: 68
- Bar/Restaurant: Yes
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Club shop sells the golfers essentials
- Golf Club Hire: No
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning