Phone: Pro Shop +44 (0) 1294 311 561
Outings: +44 (0) 141 942 2011
In Their Words ...........
Gailes has hosted major championship tournaments through the years and was designed by legendary golf architect Willie Park Jnr of Musselburgh. It was opened in 1892 by Glasgow Golf Club, the 9th oldest golf club in the world.
Its West Coast setting and fabulous condition makes it ideal for summer and winter golf in Scotland. It is a world class links course which attracts players from every corner of the globe. Gailes Links is an R&A-preferred championship links course in Ayrshire close to Open venues at Royal Troon and Turnberry.
Gailes Links recently commissioned leading golf course architect Martin Hawtree, who designed Trump International Golf Links in Scotland to carry out an extensive audit resulting in a comprehensive report with recommendations for the future development of Gailes Links. Hawtree reviewed the Muirfield course for the club and the R&A prior to hosting the 2013 Open.
Relax after play in the comfort of the clubhouse or outdoor terrace overlooking the course. The clubhouse is open all day serving breakfast and a great choice of hot and cold dishes including lighter options such as soup and sandwiches.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Traditional Scottish Links, Open Championship qualifying course a real test of links golf
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6903yds from the Championship tees
- Par: 72
- Bar/Restaurant: Bar and catering service available in the Bar and Restaurant set within the Clubhouse
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with all the leading brands golf equipment
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs available to hire, best to pre book
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire, limited quantity best to pre book
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Driving range and large practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning