Golf Course Road
Phone: + 44 (0) 1465 811471
In Their Words ...........
Brunston Castle with it’s Golf and Country Club can be found in the Parish of Dailly in that part of Ayrshire known as Carrick District. The Castle and it’s policies lie entirely in the valley of the River Girvan and occupy both banks of the river. The castle, now a ruin and all of the buildings associated with the Golf and Country Club are on the right bank of the river and running parallel with the river on it’s left bank is the ancient track leading from Straiton to Girvan.
Hardly anywhere else in the world is there such an abundance of fine courses as those found in Ayrshire – the world-renowned Championship links layouts like Prestwick, Turnberry and Royal Troon all spring to mind. However, Ayrshire boasts some real “gems’, one of which being our very own Brunston Castle Golf Course. Designed by the legendary golf course architect Donald Steel, Brunston Castle’s Burns Course comprises of three Par-5’s, three Par-3’s, twelve Par-4’s and measures 6,566 yards from the White tees. Split by the Water of Girvan and sheltered by the rolling South Carrick Hills, our scenic course is speckled with mature trees and roundels. Clever use of the natural contours of the land and the creation of a number of strategically placed ponds have created some spectacular holes. The course is bisected by the River Girvan, dotted with mature trees and surrounded by the picturesque landscape of the Bargany Estate. Each of the holes has features that will remain memorable long after the round has finished. The greens, too, have been constructed to a particularly high standard and provide excellent putting surfaces througout the year.
Furthermore, the relaxed environment of our main lounge where you can enjoy excellent bar meals whilst taking in the stunning views of the golf course and the impressive scenery beyond, or simply take in a refreshment after a round in our downstairs lounge.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Mature Parkland makes full use of the contours of the surronding landscape, located in the sheltered valley of the Water of Girvan
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6566 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Upstairs dining area in the clubhouse with stunning views over the golf course. Full bar and snack menu available.
- Drinks/Snacks: Snacks available from the bar menu
- Changing Facilities: Full changing facilities in the men and womens locker rooms
- Shower Facilities: Yes, no towels available
- Pro-Shop: Small pro shop sells all the golfers essentials, some clothing items, shoes and gloves
- Golf Club Hire: Limited sets of golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Yes, subject to the acceptance of Buggy Rules and Instruction. Limited quantity available and best to pre book to ensure availablilty
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire, no battery powered trolleys
- Practice Area: Multiple bay undercover driving range available.
- Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning