Phone: +44 (0) 1294 464542
In Their Words ...........
Ardeer Golf Club can boast quite a respectable degree of seniority amongst the golf clubs of Ayrshire, having been formed in 1880. Indeed only Prestwick, Prestwick St Nicholas and Troon are older.
The original course was 9 holes laid out on the links around the Sandyhills area of Stevenston. Although the course has since long gone the original red sandstone clubhouse remains. The club then relocated to the Ardeer area of Stevenston, the new course opening on 8th April 1905.
Continual improvements have been ongoing to take the course to what it is today by the strenuous efforts of both the members and green staff. Drainage has been improved over the years ensuring all year round golf. There is a combination of mature and young trees of all varieties lining the fairways and full use has been made of the two burns which meander through the course. Ongoing improvements to teeing areas, greens and course in general means that the history is still in the making.
The tree-lined course benefits from views of the Firth of Clyde so golfers can enjoy the scenery as well as a challenging round on our deceptively demanding golf course.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype:Parkland with tree lined fairways, watch out for the two burns that are waiting to gather you up
- Number Of Holes:18
- Yardage:6401 yds
- Bar/Restaurant:Bar available, catering needs to be booked in advance
- Drinks/Snacks:Snack menu available from the bar
- Changing Facilities:Yes
- Shower Facilities:Yes
- Pro-Shop:Well stocked club shop with many of the leading brands equipment
- Golf Club Hire:No
- Buggy Hire:Buggies available summer only, best to pre book
- Trolley Hire:Pull and power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area:Practice area and practice net
- Putting Practice:Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information:Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning