Phone: 01586 810213
In Their Words ...........
The 18 hole "Championship Course" is set in the wonderful Machrihanish Dunes by the small village of Machrihanish. It's a joy to play and most of the time very quiet, allowing the visitor to relish the ups and downs of the fairways and the tussle with undulating greens. The arresting views across to the islands of Islay, Jura and Gigha provide a delightful backdrop on an idyllic summer's day with the firm Machrihanish turf underfoot, the majesty of the dunes, and wheeling seabirds providing the musical sound track. To provide a varied test for the competent golfer, the layout is not just a predictable nine out, and nine back.
The classic links holes, apart from the 1st, are the 5th, another par four with its fairway like an elephant's graveyard, the 10th, a clever dogleg par five and the 15th, a "one shotter" with real difficulty if the elusive green is missed from the tee.
The 9 hole "Pans Course" nestles between the "Championship Course" and the neighbouring dairy fields. If anything it is slightly quieter that the 18 hole course and as well as hosting numerous lady's competitions, is often favoured by members for a leisurely 9 holes. Some locals say that the smaller greens and shorter fairways provide an equal but different test of their golfing skills.
The Clubhouse Panoramic Restaurant & Bar, located just before the Ugadale Hotel, is the perfect place to relax after a memorable "round" and soak up the atmosphere of our world famous historic club, or if you're visiting with a group why not reserve our Captain's Private Dining Room for a celebratory meal.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Designed by Old Tom Morris who describes this course "specifically designed by the almighty for playing golf". The first is played across the bay and very much a spectacular links course
- Number Of Holes: The Machrihanish course is 18 holes and the Pans course is 9 holes
- Yardage: Machrihanish white tees 6245 yards, the Pans 9 holes 3148 yards
- Par: Machrihanish 70 the Pans 34
- Bar/Restaurant: The clubhouse has catering facilities for light meals and snacks
- Drinks/Snacks: Snacks from the clubhouse, soft drinks and confectionery from the pro shop
- Changing Facilities: Changing rooms in the clubhouse, there is also a seperate ladies clubhouse
- Shower Facilities: Showers are available
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked pro shop with all the golfers essentials
- Golf Club Hire: Ladies and Gents golf club hire available including Gents left handed
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available to hire, best to pre book. Caddies can be arranged if plenty notice is given
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys only are available to hire
- Practice Area: Two practice areas for visitors use, use own golf balls
- Putting Practice: Putting green available for practice
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning