25 East Abercromby Street,
Phone: +44 (0)1436 674173
In Their Words ...........
Helensburgh Golf Club was founded in August 1893 and the original 9 hole layout was in use by October of the same year. One can only wonder about the quality of the greens at that time. The layout was approved by Old Tom Morris .
By 1905, the course had been extended to 18 holes, largely due to the guidance of the club professional, Tom Turnbull, who served the club for 50 years. Golfers of all shapes and sizes have been enjoying the glorious views from our course high above Helensburgh townsince 1893.
To the south stretches the Clyde Estuary and the hills of the Isle of Arran, to the north lies Loch Lomond and the Trossachs. The course is laid out over not too strenuous terrain totalling 5942 yards with a par of 69, and is an enjoyable test of golf for high or low handicaps alike.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: This exciting moorland course is a 'Must Play' experience, with stunning panoramic views across the Clyde Estuary towards Arran and over the Loch Lomond to the Trossachs
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5942 yds
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: Food and refreshments available fron the club bar
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available from the club bar
- Changing Facilities: Changing facilities in the clubhouse
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for vistors use, towels provided
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked professional shop, official Taylor Made and Ping fitting centre. Coaching using flightscope technology is available in the swing studio
- Golf Club Hire: Yes
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trollies available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area for visitors use
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning