Phone: + 44 (0) 1369 705673
In Their Words ...........
Founded in 1891, Cowal Golf Club overlooks the Firth of Clyde, one of the world’s most beautiful estuaries, and the seaside town of Dunoon. The Cowal Golf Club course is a James S. Braid designed, 18 hole, 6063 yard mature parkland course laid out above the Firth of Clyde on the South-East facing slopes of the Cowal peninsula, offering spectacular views across the estuary, south over the island of Bute and beyond as far as Ailsa Craig in the distance.
On the edge of the traditional Scottish holiday town of Dunoon, the club is a short ferry journey across the Clyde from Gourock and is just over an hour from Glasgow City Centre.
Within the statuesque Club House, the public areas are elevated to the first floor level to take advantage of the magnificent views over the Firth of Clyde. Our Golf Club welcomes visitors, whether it is individual visitors or visiting parties. We provide a first class golf experience with a wonderful course and excellent Clubhouse facilities with catering and refreshments
Our spacious and comfortable Club House includes a large Function Lounge with Public Bar, Snooker Room and the cosy Golfers’ Bar.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Mature Parkland designed by James S. Braid
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6063 yds
- Par: 70
- Bar/Restaurant: Comprehensive snack and full meal menu
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: The shop is stocked with all the essentials
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Club Hire available
- Buggy Hire: Yes, Book in advance to avoid disappointment
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available
- Practice Area: The old 18th Hole is now a practice area
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning