Barry, by Carnoustie
Phone: +44 (0)1241 852460
In Their Words ...........
Situated between the Courses of Monifieth and Carnoustie on the east coast of Scotland this James Braid designed Golf Course is approximately 8 miles from Dundee 20 miles from St Andrews and within easy travelling distance of Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow .
Panmure is the sixteenth oldest golf club in the world dating back to 1845, and is one of the twenty six clubs that originally helped purchase the AmateurChampionship trophy first played for in 1885.
We are very proud of our traditions, our Clubhouse and most of all, our Golf Course which combines the best elements of links and heath, with tight fairways, challenging carries and compact, undulating greens. Old Scots pines and sandhills forged by nature give the terrain an enduring quality in keeping with the Club’s long history. Hallmarks such as the ‘Hogan’ hole (the sixth) and the Buddon Burn (the twelfth) conspire to give you a round of golf to remember. The quality of the course has been recognised several times over the years with many significant competitions being staged on the course including local and national amateur championships and final qualifying for the Open Championship on many occasion.
Our Clubhouse, this exceptional building was modelled, both architecturally and spiritually, on Royal Calcutta Golf Club and completed, in approximately its present form, in 1906. It is a permanent reminder of the jute trade links between the Tay and Hooghly rivers. Standing foursquare behind the practice green, it looks as though it should always have been in situ. Indoors, beech panelling and carved oak fireplaces make for a time-honoured and welcoming retreat to prepare for, or reflect upon a fine round of golf. Choose between the 19th Hole and Hogan Lounge with their gentleman’s club atmosphere and wealth of tradition where light meals and drinks are served in a more casual atmosphere.
More formal dining takes place in the striking Dalhousie Room where traditional dress of Jacket and Tie and complimentary ladies attire are required at all times.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Mixture of Links and Heathland
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: White Tees 6360 Yds
- Par: 74
- Bar/Restaurant: Traditional Lounge and Dining Room
- Drinks/Snacks: Newly refurbished informal lounge serves light meals and drinks
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes, Towels also supplied
- Pro-Shop: Yes, Fully stocked with Leading Golf Brands equipment
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Yes, limited best to pre-book
- Trolley Hire: Pull and Power available, again best to pre-book
- Practice Area: Practice facilities available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning