Phone: +44 (0)1575 573317
In Their Words ...........
Kirriemuir’s first golf match was played in June 1864 on The Hill. 20 years later in 1884 a golf club was formed and a 9-hole course was laid out on The Hill. The ladies formed a club in 1892 and they created their own short course in 1893. As The Hill was also used for cricket, football and other outdoor pursuits alternative ground was found and in 1908 Sir Leonard Lyell of Kinnordy offered the Land known as Kate’s Wood – this is the existing site for Kirriemuir Golf Club.
The original 9 holes course was designed by Mr Fox, the golf professional from Carnoustie and the work was carried out under the supervision of the green keeper, Norman McKenzie. The course was officially opened on 24th April 1909 with Mrs Kinloch driving off the first ball. In 1924 extra land was acquired, and from the plans of James Braid, the course was extended from 9 to 18 holes to largely create the course we continue to play today.
Kirriemuir is a par 68 parkland course extending some 5518 yards from the White Tees, 5223 from the Yellow and 5436 from the Reds. The course offers easy walking in a beautiful, peaceful and inspiring setting. Typically you can play 18 holes in around 3 hours making Kirrie a very pleasant experience for both a half day or a full days golf.
The clubhouse is a comfortable and friendly venue offering something for everyone. Socialise in the bar with drinks, relax over a long lunch or leisurely evening meal with friends and family in the lounge. The clubhouse is open all year round for members and non-members.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A James Braid course nestling at the foot of the Angus Glens, Kirriemuir Golf Club is a true gem. The course offers a challenge for all level of golfers, the lush fairways and fast undulating greens are beautifully presented in a mature parkland setting with spectacular views of the Angus Glens.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5518yds from the white tees
- Par: 68
- Bar/Restaurant: The clubhouse is open all year round for members and non-members and can host societies and parties in one of two lounges. Socialise in the bar with drinks, relax over a long lunch or leisurely evening meal with friends and family in the lounge
- Drinks/Snacks: Confectionary and soft drinks from the pro shop, snack menu in the clubhouse
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: The Pro Shop offers a well-stocked shop offering a variety of innovative and popular products from the industries leading manufacturers covering clubs, including custom fit and repair, equipment, clothing, accessories and smaller more niche items for gifts or prizes.
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs are available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggys are available to hire, limited availability must pre-book
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available to hire.
- Practice Area: Practice nets available, pitching and bunker practice
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the website
Location and Route Planning