Phone: +44 (0)1307 463773
In Their Words ...........
Originally laid out by Tom Morris of St Andrews in 1871 with alterations being made in 1926 by James Braid the course design is a combination by two golfing greats with no less than 9 Open Championships between them and is of a quality that it has hosted national championships and has twice been the venue for the Scottish PGA Championship, the Scottish Boys Stroke Play and the Girls Home Internationals. Most recently in July 2011 the Club hosted the Scottish Boys Under 16s Championship won by Ben Kinsley of St Andrews.
The Cunninghill course at Forfar is set on beautiful wooded heathland. The terrain is almost ‘links’ like with undulating fairways lined by Scots Pine and lovely views towards the Angus Glens. With very little walking between green and next tee, generous fairways and excellent greens this compact course is easily completed in 3 ½ hours and can be tackled twice in a day quite comfortably. The course at Forfar has fairways that have the rig and furrow remaining from the time when the ground was used to cultivate flax. This gives the course its uniqueness and the fairways quite often present an up or down hill lie making the challenge of the course even more interesting!.
Our Clubhouse provides a relaxing and comfortable environment to enjoy the hospitality and superb catering on offer.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Wooded Heathland, with undulating fairways
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: White tees 6095 yds
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: Yes
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Yes, Fully stocked with a selection of golfing accessories
- Golf Club Hire: Golf club hire available
- Buggy Hire: Yes, limited availability best to pre-book
- Trolley Hire: Yes, pull and power trolleys available
- Practice Area: Yes and practice facilities
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the website
Location and Route Planning