Phone: + 44 (0)1356 647283
In Their Words ...........
Edzell Golf Club lies at the gateway to the Grampians in the foothills of the Angus Glens. Indeed the mountains form a backdrop to this lovely heathland/parkland course. The course is located in the beautiful village of Edzell, midway between the cities of Dundee and Aberdeen.
The original course was laid out in 1895 by Bob Simpson, top golf course architect of his day. In 1933/34 the course was re-designed on recommendations made by the famous James Braid and remains virtually unchanged to this day. Today the course is situated in some 128 acres and has been complemented with the addition of the 9 hole West Water course in 2001.
The clubhouse at The Edzell Golf Club is the ideal place to gather in anticipation of an interesting round – or relax afterwards to discuss the latest golfing dramas from around the course. Full bar and catering facilities are available and our catering has offer a wide range of meals, including breakfasts, lunches, high teas, carveries and dinners.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Two Parkland courses
- Number Of Holes: Old Course 18 holes, West Water Course 9 Holes
- Yardage: Old Course 6455 yds, West Water Course 2057 yds
- Par: Old Course 71, West water Course 32
- Bar/Restaurant: Yes
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes. Both Ladies and Gents wash/shower facilities available
- Pro-Shop: Yes, Full range of golf equipment
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Yes
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Yes, 9 bay floodlit range
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the website
Location and Route Planning