20 Links Parade
Phone: +44 (0) 1241 802270
In Their Words ...........
We look forward to warmly welcoming you to play our fantastic three courses, all of which are rated in the top 50 Links courses in the UK and Ireland (Golf Digest June 2011). The Championship Course has recently (2012) been ranked at no 1 on the Rolex Top 1000 courses in the world. Carnoustie is open to the public and has three superb golf courses to cater for every golfer. The golf courses are open every day and we warmly welcome visiting golfers from all over the world.
The Championship Course has hosted seven Open Championships, one Ladies Open and one Seniors Open making it one of the very few to have done so in the UK. It is one of the three courses used for the annual Dunhill Links, the others being Kingsbarns and the Old Course in St Andrews and in 2018 The Open Championship will return to the course. Generally regarded as the toughest of the Open venues for those who understand the game a little more will know it is probably the fairest too. Without doubt though Carnoustie Championship Course does have the toughest closing stretch of holes anywhere and those finishing the final four holes with no more than a bogey should be suitably content with their play.
The Burnside is often overshadowed by its illustrious neighbour but it oozes character and from the back tees is a splendid test of golf. It was here in 1953 where the great Ben Hogan shot 70 to help him qualify for the Open Championship which he subsequently won. Many of the short holes would compare with any Championship Course anywhere with the 5th and 14th in particular providing dramatic challenges for the player who strives to gain his par 3. The finish is also strong with the 17th proving to be one of the hardest par 4’s that can be found anywhere in golf and many a score has been ruined by the out of bounds fence at the 18th.
The Buddon is the newest of the three courses at Carnoustie originally designed by Peter Alliss and the late Dave Thomas the course was opened in 1979. Since then many changes have taken place including the most recent $1m investment in two new holes bringing the course up to a very testing par 68.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: The Championship links is a traditional Scottish links golf course. Without doubt the Carnoustie Championship Course has the toughest closing stretch of holes anywhere and those lucky enough to finish the final four holes with no more than a bogey should be suitably content with their play
- Coursetype: The Burnside Links is a traditional Scottish links golf course. Many of the short holes compare with any Championship Course with the 5th and 14th providing a stiff challenge to score par 3
- Coursetype: The Buddon Links is a traditional Scottish links golf course. The newest of the three courses at Carnoustie The Buddon Links has had considerable recent investment to bring course up to a very testing par 68.
- Number Of Holes: All three courses are 18 Holes
- Yardage: The Championship Links 6954 yds, The Burnside Links 6023 yds, The Buddon links 5289 yds
- Par: The Championship Links 72, The Burnside Links 68, The Buddon Links 68
- Bar/Restaurant: Catering available from the reception area with no bar facilities
- Drinks/Snacks: Snacks available
- Changing Facilities: Locker rooms in the golf centre
- Shower Facilities: Shower facilities in the golf centre
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with leading brands golf equipment and Carnoustie branded equipment available in the golf centre
- Golf Club Hire: Titleist clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: One buggy, only available for a disabled golfer, must pre book. Caddies can be hired from the caddiemaster, best to pre book
- Trolley Hire: Pull and PowaKaddy power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice ground and short game area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning