Elliot by Arbroath
Phone: + 44 (0) 1241 875837
In Their Words ...........
Arbroath is the birth place of Scotland, steeped in history and legend, within an hour of famous courses such as Carnoustie(10 min), St Andrews (40 min) and Gleneagles (55 min) Arbroath Golf Course is a traditional links course owned by Angus Council and is operated and run by the Arbroath Golf Links Committee of Management.
Arbroath Artisan Golf Club is a private members club but both links and club committees work closely together to try and provide members and visitors alike, with a memorable golfing experience.
The links course was designed by Tom Morris in 1877 and is open to the public as well as members all year round it is a deceiving links course at first view. It appears to offer flat open fairways, however, in true links style the undulating greens are well protected by testing bunkers. Arbroath golf course is a traditional links course situated between the sea and farmland on the west side of the town. From the yellow tees the course is a 5826 yards par 68, expanding to a 6200 yards par 70 from the medal tees.
First impressions would suggest that this course would not provide much of a challenge to the accomplished golfer, but on closer inspection the true nature of the course becomes clear. Farmland on the right borders the first seven holes, making it essential that you work on your slice. On no fewer than nine occasions you will have to negotiate burns crossing the fairway, and strategically placed bunkers provide yet another opportunity to add to your score. Add to this the ever present 'sea breeze' and the challenge of the Arbroath links begins to focus the mind.
Arbroath Golf Links and Arbroath Artisan Golf Club are two separate businesses, but the Links Committee and the Artisan Golf Club work closely together to provide the best packages and catering facilities for visiting parties and individuals. Any person taking out a Visitor's Green Fee Ticket is afforded the use of the Artisan Golf Club and it's facilities.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Links with undulating greens Designed by Tom Morris
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6200 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Yes provided by Arbroath Artisan Golf Club
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes provided by Arbroath Artisan Golf Club
- Changing Facilities: Yes provided by Arbroath Artisan Golf Club
- Shower Facilities: Yes provided by Arbroath Artisan Golf Club
- Pro-Shop: A well stocked shop and can take care of all your golfing needs, from club repair and tuition to your refreshments for the course
- Golf Club Hire: Currently have Taylor Made Golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Golf Buggies available to hire, please pre-order to ensure availability
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys are available to hire
- Practice Area: Yes
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning