Menie Park Lodge
Phone: + 44 (0) 1358 743300
In Their Words ...........
The World's Greatest Golf Course
The 7,400 yard, par 72 championship golf course is designed by renowned golf course architect, Dr. Martin Hawtree, and follows a classical pattern of two out-and-back loops of nine holes. All 18 holes thread their way engagingly through The Great Dunes of Scotland; rising to find panoramic views of the North Sea and dramatic coastline, and plunging into secluded valleys rich with native vegetation. Each hole has six separate tees catering for all levels of golfer. The bunkers are placed to challenge the stronger player and not unduly punish the weaker golfer. All bunkers are turf-revetted in traditional style to combat wind, erosion and sand-blow.
Dr. Martin Hawtree "The design of the golf course has involved an iterative process of studying the site in great detail, entering into a dialogue between the norms of classic and championship golf course layout on the one hand the physical, ecological, economic constraints of the site on the other; working out ideas and schemes for the layout as hypotheses and then testing them against the site. The dialogue was enriched by the client on the one side and the project’s environmental consultants on the other. Indeed the iterative process has not stopped and will not stop until grass starts to germinate. Working closely with the environmental scientists the vision pivots on sensitive integration into this landscape. The golf course follows a classic pattern of two out-and-back loops of nine holes. All 18 holes thread their way engagingly through the dunes, rising here to find views of the sea and coastline, plunging there into secluded valleys, offering a sequence of superlative topographies, landscapes, alternating between spaciousness and enclosure, then panoramic view, and the whole time a rich texture of vegetation and wildlife habitats surrounding the golf holes. The golf course will lack for nothing. The landscape framework of the site comes close to an ideal. There is nothing missing and the layout as conceived would contain no weak holes. It will produce simply the most dramatic, stimulating, invigorating stretch of golf anywhere I have seen in my career”.
Perfect for golfers and non-golfers alike, The Brasserie at Trump International Golf Links, Scotland is a comfortable, relaxed environment with beautiful rich walnut, leather seating, warming fireplaces and floor-to-ceiling windows offering stunning views of the Great Dunes of Scotland.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: An outstanding Scottish Links course encompassing the worlds largest coastal dunes. Eighteen magnificent holes threaded delicately alongside the North Sea coast
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: Mens from the Black tees 7428 yards to forward Green tees 5845 yards, Women Red tees 5215 yards
- Par: 72
- Bar/Restaurant: The Brasserie at the clubhouse offers a varied menu from the traditional classics to a fine dining experience with stunning views of the Great Dunes of Scotland from the floor-to-ceiling windows
- Drinks/Snacks: Full snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Clubhouse has secure locker rooms
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors, towels are provided
- Pro-Shop: Full range of merchandise with the Trump International brand. The shop also stocks all the golfers essentials
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs are available to hire. There are shoes available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire only if you have a medical certificate and driven by a caddie
- Trolley Hire: Pull and electric power trollies available to hire
- Practice Area: One of the largest driving ranges in the country, with north and south facing tees, a 22 acre driving range offers over 1 hectare of grassed teeing area. Short game area featuring six greens, bunkers and various lie conditions, the short game area provides exceptional playing surfaces that can fulfil any golfers shot making requirements
- Putting Practice: Professional standard 3500 square metre putting green
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning