Bridge of Don
Phone: +44 (0)1224 702571
Website: Royal Aberdeen Golf Club
Before booking it is imperative you click here to see the playing restrictions
In Their Words ...........
Royal Aberdeen Golf Club in Aberdeen, Scotland, was founded in 1780 as the Society of Golfers at Aberdeen and became the Aberdeen Golf Club in 1815. Until 1888 members played on the Queen's Links close to the city before moving across the River Don to the links at Balgownie. The Course was originally designed by the Simpson Brothers, Archie and Robert of Carnoustie and later re-bunkered and lengthened by James Braid. Hawtree & Company are now engaged as the Club's architects to ensure our classic links keeps pace with the modern game. The club's 'Royal' designation was awarded by Edward VII in 1903.
Balgownie is one of the truest linksland layouts in golf. It's a course to test the better golfer, one who can accommodate the many variable conditions this arduous links can throw at you. Balgownie's front nine holes rank amongst the very best in the world. No two are the same within a natural ecosystem, interspersed with rich turf and tight rolling fairways, that is a sheer delight to behold.
The Balgownie course is a classic links layout - out through the dunes and back along a plateau.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Two classic Scottish Links Courses, Balgownie Championship Links and the shorter Silverburn Course
- Number Of Holes: Balgownie Championship Links and the Silverburn Course are both 18 holes
- Yardage: White Tees Balgownie Links 6497yds Silverburn 4021yds
- Par: Balgownie Links 71 Silverburn 64
- Bar/Restaurant: A formal Lounge and Dining Room supplemented by a casual Lounge and Dining Room providing a high class catering experience
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available from the clubhouse
- Changing Facilities: Ladies and Gents changing facilities available
- Shower Facilities: Showers available
- Pro-Shop: Fully Stocked with Leading Golf Brands, professional tuition available
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs are available to hire
- Buggy Hire: No Buggies available, Caddies available on request but must be pre booked
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: N/A
- Putting Practice: Putting practice green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning