Phone: 44 (0)1224 782571
Website: Portlethen Golf Club
In Their Words ...........
The course is maturing into one of the more popular parkland courses in the North East of Scotland having been blessed with natural features, the principal being the Findon burn which, lined with mature broadleaf trees, crosses five of the holes on the first nine influencing either tee or approach shots.
The inward 9 holes carry fewer hazards but the Findon burn continues to create problems at the fifteenth and eighteenth. Arguably the fifteenth is the ‘signature hole’ of the course. First, the tee shot has to be accurate to cope with the right to left dog leg and then the approach shot, from a down hill lie, has to carry the Findon burn which, moat like, guards the entrance to the green.The par 502 yd par 5 eighteenth is a challenging closing hole featuring a drystone dyke on the left running all the way from tee to green with the risk of out of bounds with every shot. The Findon burn, 100 yards short of the green creates a further dilemma of second shot selection; to carry or not to carry. Senior golfers and visitors normally play the shorter par 70 ‘Yellow Tee’ course.
Course development has seen the planting of around 21,000 carefully selected trees, restoration of drystone dyke, construction of stone bridges, new tees at several holes and a pond at the short fifth.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland course with the Findon burn crossing some of the tree lined fairways
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: White Tees 6468 yds
- Par: 72
- Bar/Restaurant: Food and drink can be had from the clubhouse
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available from the clubhouse
- Changing Facilities: Changing facilities available
- Shower Facilities: Showers available, use own towels
- Pro-Shop: Fully Stocked with Leading Golf Brands, professional tuition available
- Golf Club Hire: N/A
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available to hire from March to October, best to pre book limited quantity
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire, no power trolleys available
- Practice Area: Driving bays and short game practice area availble
- Putting Practice: Putting practice green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning