Phone: + 44 (0) 1779 472149
In Their Words ...........
Peterhead Golf Club was established in 1841 the 18th Oldest Golf Club in the World. Set among the dunes and across the Craigewan links the course is a classic example of Scottish seaside golf at it’s best – and the toughest!
The current 18 hole layout Old Course began as a 9 hole course in 1892, designed by Willie Park Jnr a dual winner of the Open Championship,and was extended to 18 holes in 1908. A second 18 hole course was established in 1923, however today it exists as a 9 hole course, appropriately named the “New Course”. The Old Course provides a golfing challenge to golfers of all standards, and the prevailing weather conditions adds to the degree of difficulty and once on the course the panoramic views of the river Ugie, the links, and the un-spoilt sand dunes and beaches are breathtaking.
Once you have negotiated the “valley holes” and battled home, head to the clubhouse to regale the events of the day whilst partaking in a small libation in either the snug bar overlooking the practice green, or the Craigewan lounge with its spectacular views out over the North Sea. The modern clubhouse provides all the facilities you would expect, with various catering options available on request.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A traditional Scottish Links at its glorious best, set amongst the sand dunes of Craigewan Links and subject to the links prevailing weather this course is a challenge to golfers of all standards
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 6147 yards
- Par: 70
- Bar/Restaurant: The modern clubhouse provides various catering options available on request. The outlook from the lounge provides a panoramic view of the links, and out across the North Sea
- Drinks/Snacks: Full snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Clubhouse has secure locker rooms
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop stocks all the golfers essentials, full range of branded golf equipment and clothing
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire, arrange with the pro
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys and battery powered trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Small practice area available to use
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning