Newburgh on Ythan Golf Club
Coursetype: Established in 1888, the Back 9 plays as a traditional Scottish links, The Front 9 added in 1994 offers a more modern feel, with tiered greens and holes laid out over more undulating land.
Number Of Holes: 18
Yardage: From the white tees 6423 yards
Bar/Restaurant: Quality dining with spectacular views over Ythan Estuary.
Drinks/Snacks: Bar snacks and sandwiches are available all day
Changing Facilities: The Ladies and Gents locker rooms provide changing facilities for the visitor
Shower Facilities: Ladies and Gents showers, towels provided
Scorecard and layout
Newburgh on Ythan Golf Club Scorecard and Course layout. Click or Tap Image to see full size
Pro-Shop: Club shop, stocks the golfers essentials
Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire
Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire best to pre book to ensure availability
Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire.
Practice Area: Six hole practice course.
Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
In their Words…….
Newburgh-on-Ythan Golf Club was founded in 1888 and was originally a nine hole course of 1 mile and 401 yards in length. The course was laid out on the Newburgh Links which is located just East of the village between the Foveran Burn and the River Ythan. The original patron of the Club was John H Udny of Udny, who remained President of the Club until the outbreak of World War II.
In 1947, the club was reborn and has enjoyed the use of the nine hole course up until 1994 when new land was purchased to the south of the old course on the Foveran Links. Assisted by Greens of Scotland, who designed the new nine holes, and Glen Andrews, who constructed the greens and bunkers, the course was extended to a challenging 18 holes. This new course was opened in April, 1996
Newburgh-on-Ythan Golf Club is 2 miles north of Trump International Links Scotland, mid-way between Royal Aberdeen and Cruden Bay championship golf clubs, and is situated on the Ythan Estuary, overlooking the North Sea and Sands of Forvie National Nature Reserve, it is a challenging par 72 Championship links course that demands accurate golf from tee to green.
The clubhouse was opened in 2001 by the 1999 Open Champion Paul Lawrie. Enjoy a relaxing drink and bite to eat in our welcoming clubhouse bar overlooking the course. A warm welcome awaits and the views over the magnificent Ythan Estuary and Sands of Forvie nature reserve are stunning!Newburgh on Ythan Golf Club