Bridge of Don
Phone: + 44 (0)1224 704354
In Their Words ...........
The Murcar Championship Golf Links has a par of 71 and a standard scratch rating of 73 (USGA rating 72.7 and USGA slope rating 135). Murcar frequently features in the Top 100 courses in the UK and the VisitScotland Top 40 Great Scottish Links Collection.
Established in 1909 to the design of Archie Simpson, with later refinements made in the 1930′s by the celebrated golf course designer James Braid, Murcar is indeed a Championship links of some renown, in the finest of Scottish traditions it has also undergone alterations and improvements that are sympathetic to what Simpson and Braid set out to achieve, under the watchful eye of Graeme J Webster’s Team Niblick Ltd.
Not for the beginner or the faint hearted, Murcar Links is a par 71 (sss 72) natural Championship links, which represents a truly challenging test of golf. To play it requires every shot in the book and if the wind is up, a few more besides!.
Murcar Links Golf Club is a members’ club but is keen for visitors to enjoy the course and its facilities. The Club is more than happy to accommodate individual golfers or groups. Individual players will not be asked to join up with other groups.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Outstanding Championship Links in the traditional Scottish Links style and frequently named in the top 100 UK courses, established in 1909 to the design of Archie Simpson with later refinements made in the 1930′s by the celebrated golf course designer James Braid. Murcar has a second links course the Strabathie, not as testing but still a good links challenge
- Number Of Holes: The Murcar Links 18 holes and the Strabathie is 18 holes also
- Yardage: Murcar Links from the back tees 6516 yards, the Strabathie 5364 yards.
- Par: Murcar links 71, Strabathie 70
- Bar/Restaurant: The clubhouse restaurant provides a fine dining experience with views over the Aberdeen Bay to sit and relax over a fine dish or drink after your round
- Drinks/Snacks: Snacks available from the clubhouse, soft drinks and confectionery from the pro shop
- Changing Facilities: Full changing facilities available in the locker room
- Shower Facilities: Visitors showers available
- Pro-Shop: The pro shop is fully stocked with all the top brands garments and weather safe outerwear, professionaly fitted club service, power trolley service centre and golf tuition from a leading pga qualified coach
- Golf Club Hire: Quality golf clubs available to hire, best to pre book
- Buggy Hire: There is 1 buggy available but only on production of a medical certificate, Caddies available for hire but best to Pre-book
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available to hire, best to pre book a power trolley if required
- Practice Area: Driving range and a short game pracrice area available
- Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning