Phone: + 44 (0) 1358 722891
In Their Words ...........
McDonald Golf Club, Ellon is set in the heart of Aberdeenshire countryside, 16 miles north of Aberdeen, this scenic eighteen hole golf course provides a memorable golfing experience for all standards of golfer.
The parkland course is named after its benefactor Sir James McDonald who, in 1926, gifted the old woodlands to the people of Ellon. The original nine hole course winds its way through this magnificent forest with its stately trees and beautiful rhododendron bushes.
The well established first nine has a natural stream that twists and turns across the course and features on almost every hole
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A scenic parkland course with tree lined fairways which puts a high premium on accuracy. The first nine has a natural stream that twists and turns across the course and features on almost every hole
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5942 yds
- Par: 70
- Bar/Restaurant: The club restaurant is available to members and guests with food and a menu to savour
- Drinks/Snacks: A snack menu is available from the club restaurant
- Changing Facilities: Yes, for members and guests
- Shower Facilities: Shower facilities are available for visitors use
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked with top brands and golf essentials
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs are available to hire
- Buggy Hire: No buggies but visitors are able to use own buggies
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys are available to hire
- Practice Area: Nets and small practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning