Phone: + 44 (0) 1224 869457
In Their Words ...........
Springing from a desire among golfers residing in the lower Deeside area to avoid the inconvenience of travelling several miles to play on the already congested Aberdeen Links course, a public meeting was convened in the school at Cults on November 24, 1902. A nine-hole course was opened formally on September 3, 1903, a clubhouse opening followed a year later, and within a further 12 months, the course was extended to a 5,000-yard 18-hole circuit.
The next significant course development was the purchase of more ground in 1947, and this was followed in 1969 by the addition of 80 acres of land which had been part of West Cults Farm where a new nine-hole course was completed in June, 1984.The ‘90s were dominated by a radical course redevelopment programme with the twin aim of making better use of the flat and uninteresting ground on which the nine-hole course was situated, and having both the 18 and 9-hole courses starting and finishing in the vicinity of the clubhouse.
The Haughton Course is considered by members and visitor alike to be one of the finest mature parkland courses in Scotland. With its mature trees, beautiful Royal Deeside scenery and tricky greens and bunkers the 6300 yard course off the gold tees is a challenge every golfer relishes no matter their level a truly memorable experience for members and visitors alike every time they play the Haughton Course.
The Blairs Course is a nine hole course which incorporates many of the “Old” holes from the original Haughton Course. It is an enjoyable 9 holes for the whole family, whilst still challenging the lower handicap player. Nine holes on the Blairs is ideal for those with less time on their hands
Members, guests and visitors can relax in comfort and enjoy the surroundings which are complimented by the stunning views over the 18th green and the valleys of Royal Deeside. Enjoy a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere in our restaurant with superb views overlooking 1st and 18th greens. The Blairs spire along with Ardoe House hotel are magnificent landmarks in the distance
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Two Courses, The Haughton course a fine mature parkland course with tree lined fairways and tricky greens. The Blair Course shorter but still testing 9 hole course
- Number Of Holes: The Haughton 18 holes, The Blair 9 holes
- Yardage: The Haughton gold tees 6385 yds, The Blair 2515 yds
- Par: The Haughton 70, The Blair 34
- Bar/Restaurant: Full catering service available in the Bar/Restaurant complimented by the stunning views over the 18th green and the valleys of Royal Deeside.
- Drinks/Snacks: Full snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Changing facilities available in the Clubhouse locker room
- Shower Facilities: N/A
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked shop with all the leading brands apparel and equipment
- Golf Club Hire: N/A
- Buggy Hire: N/A
- Trolley Hire: N/A
- Practice Area: Driving Range building features eight bays, two of which are teaching bays situated at either end of the range building.
- Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning