Phone: + 44 (0)1779 812414
In Their Words ...........
It is claimed that golf was played in the village of Cruden Bay as early as 1791. The original course, on the present site, was commissioned by the Great North of Scotland Railway (GNSR) following the expansion of the railways at the end of the 19th century, designed by Old Tom Morris of St Andrews, and opened in 1899.
One of the many courses built in the great railways expansion era at the end of the 19th century; Cruden Bay is a magnificent testimony to the quality of links golf in the north of Scotland. Towering sand dunes at the north end of the course dominate the play early in the round. Beautiful swathes of fairway amid the giant sand dunes, combined with excellent firm greens offer ‘a unique and unforgettable experience’. It is no surprise that Cruden Bay is one of the most highly rated golf courses in the world.
Visitors are made very welcome at Cruden Bay Golf Club seven days a week. We are very proud of our Club and welcome the opportunity to share our golf course and clubhouse facilities with visiting golfers.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Old fashioned links golf at its best, Cruden Bay offers an internationally famous golfing experience on one of the best links courses in Scotland. The 9 Hole St Olaf course is a lovely test of golf guaranteed to put a smile on your face
- Number Of Holes: Championship Course 18 holes and the St Olaf 9 holes
- Yardage: Championship Course 6287 yards from the white tees, St Olaf Course 2463 yards from the Blue tees
- Par: The Championship 70, St Olaf 32
- Bar/Restaurant: Fist class catering and dining experience available in the clubhouse
- Drinks/Snacks: Full snack menu available from the clubhouse
- Changing Facilities: Changing facilities available in the clubhouse locker room
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors to use
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked shop, expert tuition from the Pro
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: No buggy hire available
- Trolley Hire: Pull and Motocaddy power trollies available to hire
- Practice Area: Driving Range and Chipping Green
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning